If you’re struggling to find a job in Australia or New Zealand then maybe you should consider doing some farm work. With the majority of farm work being seasonal, backpackers are actively being sought to fill these positions. And best of all doing some farm work can help you to get a second working holiday visa
. All year round you can find fruit picking work you just have to know the seasons. Find out more…
If you’re doing farm work in order to get a second working holiday visa make sure you check out which parts of regional Australia are eligible.
Regional Australia in summary
- Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania – are all considered regional Australia
- Queensland – Brisbane and the Gold Coast aren’t included
- Victoria – Melbourne isn’t included
- New South Wales – Sydney, Newcastle, the central Coast and Wollongong aren’t included
- Western Australia – Perth is not included.
For a comprehensive list of postcodes that are considered as regional Australia click here
Fruit-picking work is the most popular seasonal work available for backpackers, but there are other categories of farm work that are accepted when looking for a second working holiday visa, such as dairy farming
. Or you might consider fishing or even pearling